Equipment is a very important feature of Goodgame Empire. There exists two different types of equipment available, for either Commanders, or Castellans. They provide multiple bonuses to your commander. There are 6 different classes of equipment: Helmet, Armor, Weapon, Artifact, Look and Hero. Equipment also comes in 5 different rarities: Ordinary, Rare, Epic, Legendary, and Unique. They have the coloured borders of grey, green, purple, orange, and red respectively. Equipment can also be sold for gold coins in the equipment panel. The sale price is dependent on rarity and rarity alone.
Equipment items can be obtained through
- Attacking Robber Baron Castles (all rarities are possible though not all will give you equipment)
- Buying from the Equipment Trader
- Through special offers
- Completetion of certain tasks, such as quests etc.
It should be noted that no equipment can be obtained by attacking other players. Equipment cannot currently be traded between players.
There are a variety of bonuses available for equipment, the bonus with the highest stat determines the equipment's suffix. For example, if the highest stat on a commander's piece of equipment is "Increases combat strength of Ranged fighters by XX.X%" then the piece of equipment will be called "[Rarity] [Equipment type] of the Bowman". However in the case of a castellan piece of equipment it will be "[Rarity] [Equipment type] of Iron Rain". A later update has brought in Hero equipment pieces. The Commander and Castellan bonuses are now increasing in other areas and information regarding this will soon be provided.
The list of bonuses available for Armor, Weapon, Helmet, and Artifact excluding Hero pieces are as follows:
- Increases combat strength of melee fighters by up to 90%.
- Increases combat strength of ranged fighters by up to 90%.
- Reduces enemy gate protection by up to 120%.
- Reduces enemy wall protection by up to 120%.
- Reduces enemy moat protection by up to 80%.
- Reduces travel costs by up to 100%.
- Increases army travel speed by up to 80%.
- Increases honor points gained by up to 120%.
- Increases glory points earned by up to 60%.
- Increases the fires caused by looting by up to 50%.
- Increases the chance of finding strong equipment by up to 100%.
- Increases resources plundered by up to 70%.
- The army will be later detected up to 90%.
- Has up to 5% chance of destroying enemy buildings when looting.
The list of bonuses available for castellan equipment is as follows.
- Increases travel speed during conquest by XX.
- Reduces the resources lost due to plundering by 70%.
- Increases combat strength of melee fighters by 90 %.
- Increases the combat strength of ranged fighters by 90 %.
- Increases wall protection by 120%.
- Detects incoming attacks 90% earlier.
- Increases moat protection by 80%.
- Increases gate protection by 100%.
- Reduces occupation time required during conquest by XX
- Main article: Gems
The smithy is where you are able to forge the items you looted into new items. Only same quality items can be forged together, the type is irrelevant so a player can forge castellan and commander equipment together. At the cost of some gold, a player can either place 3 items into the smithy (irregardless of place in the 6 slots) and produce a new item of the same quality. The player also has the option of forging 6 items into an item of higher quality. The rarity of the item forged is dependent on what is put in and follows the sequence below. Note that a "Unique" rarity item cannot be forged and must be obtained via events.
|3 Ordinary||1 Ordinary||10|
|6 Ordinary||1 Rare||25|
|3 Rare||1 Rare||500|
|6 Rare||1 Epic||2,500|
|3 Epic||1 Epic||4,000|
|6 Epic||1 Legendary||20,000|
|3 Legendary||1 Legendary||25,000|
Equipment items can be exchanged for coins in the smithy. The price fetched for the sale of an item is determined by its rarity. The prices range from 25 to 12,000 gold coins. (Heroes add 20%-25% to the price) The prices are as follows:
- Ordinary - 25 gold coins
- Rare - 250 gold coins
- Epic - 1,000 gold coins
- Legendary - 6,000 gold coins
- Unique - 12,000 gold coins