Our administrator has requested new editors (see here), which is fine, but I think a reason why that is, is because there is still much do to clean up this wikia site.
Here is my suggestion for a global task list of things to do:
- Make templates that suit the guidelines of wikia.com.
- This means no/few content parts such as tables that are wider than the page width.
- Good templates mean less fussing about when an editor should just input data, not format or layout.
- Restructure the categories. Using other is bad. More unique ones are better.
- This of course includes the menu.
- Define the page structure in an editors guide.
- Maybe unit and building pages are different
- Make a guides section. Can be combined with forum.
- As a new player I was stunned by the step learning curve. The guides I found were mainly meant for players level 70, or simily out-dated as seen by screenshots.
While editors may not be players themselves, have I compiled a list of sources (of varing quantity) which can be used gather information from. If the editor is an (experienced) player, then these can serve as a basis, since they may be out-dated.
|https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/categories/guides-tips-references||A series of lists that provide good up-to-date date, but I noticed they are not always complete.|
|https://community.goodgamestudios.com/empire/en/discussion/comment/4895992/||BM Ang1243's Ultimate List thread. This is moderator.|
|http://www.ultimategge.co.uk||BM Ang1243 personal site. Contains information about ruby related things among others.|
|http://ggempire.wikidot.com||Alternate wiki site without the means to navigate except direct page links. Using search is likely required.|